We pride ourselves in offering our patients a wide array of in-office procedures such as:
- What is an Ablation? Ablation is a procedure used to stop heavy bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle – they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well. Fortunately, 90-95% of women can be helped by having an inexpensive in-office procedure. The procedure performed typically takes 5-15 minutes.
- What can I expect? Prior to ablation, we typically perform a Hysteroscopy and a Dilation and Curettage (D&C). We use a variety of market leading devices, such as Novasure and GYNECARE THERMACHOICE to perform the procedure.
Permanent Birth Control
- What is Permanent Birth Control? Permanent Birth Control is a procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier to prevent pregnancy.
- What types do you offer?We offer Essure for permanent birth control. The Essure procedure offers women benefits that no other permanent birth control can. This simple procedure is performed in our office in less than 10 minutes. It’s surgery, hormone and anesthesia-free.
- Is Permanent Birth Control right for me? When you know your family is complete, you’re ready to consider permanent birth control. More and more women like you are making the decision to have the procedure to prevent unplanned pregnancy, so they can fully enjoy the lives they have built for themselves. They’re choosing lives without hormones or the hassle of temporary birth control methods, with the confidence of knowing that they are protected from unplanned pregnancy forever.
- How do I find out more? For more information about Essure, please visit www.essure.com.
- What is a Hysteroscopy? Hysteroscopy is the inspection of the uterine cavity by endoscopy with access through the cervix. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology and serves as a method for surgical intervention (operative hysteroscopy). There are no incisions. Risks are minimal but include: bleeding; infection; uterine perforation that may require laparoscopy; anesthetic risks.
- What can I expect? This surgery is usually performed to evaluate abnormal bleeding during a woman’s life span. Most often a D&C is performed in conjunction. This involves sampling the lining of the uterus so that it can be evaluated under a microscope to rule out pre-cancerous or cancerous lesions. It is very uncommon to experience any significant pain after this procedure and you may return to your normal activities the day following surgery.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
- What is Hormone Replacement Therapy? SottoPelle Hormone Replacement Therapy can achieve the healthy balance of estrogen and testosterone your body needs. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy using pellets replenishes what is lost in the aging process, by using the identical hormones your body created when you were healthy and in your prime. In menopause and andropause the ovaries and testicles slow down their production of estrogen and testosterone until they reach a point where they are unable to keep up with demands of the body. The pellets work in partnership with your body to provide its needs.
- How do I find out more? Dr. Sekine is the only trained Sottopelle physician in Northeast Florida. Dr. Sekine specializes in perimenopausal and menopausal complaints such as hot flashes, night sweats, fatigue, low sex drive, cloudy thinking, and lack of motivation. For additional information please call 904-262-5333 or go to www.northfloridahormonetherapy.
Ultroid HD System
- What is HD? When a person suffers from hemorrhoid symptoms, they have HD (hemorrhoidal disease). Hemorrhoids are bundles of swollen or enlarged veins in the rectum and/or anus. Hemorrhoids can be internal (inside the anal canal and rectum) or external (on the outer part of the anus), or mixed (internal and external). Only your doctor can tell what type of hemorrhoids you have and if your hemorrhoids can be treated with the Ultroid® Hemorrhoid Management System.
- Do I have HD? HD (hemorrhoidal disease) is very common but rarely discussed. In fact, 75% of people in the U.S. will have symptoms of HD at some point in their life but most will not seek treatment until the pain is unbearable. If you have any spotting on toilet tissue, itching, or if you think you might have HD, talk to your doctor to see if the Ultroid® Hemorrhoid Management System can help you. Some HD symptoms could be an indication of more serious medical conditions, such as colon cancer, so please talk to your doctor.
- What is the Ultroid HD System? The Ultroid® Hemorrhoid Management System offers a unique solution to HD (hemorrhoidal disease). Instead of topical creams or the painful recovery of hemorrhoid surgery, the Ultroid System is a quick, easy, painless and proven solution for HD. After treatment, you can expect life as usual with relief from HD symptoms, and most people return to their usual daily activities on the day of treatment. Some HD symptoms could be an indication of more serious medical conditions, so talking to your doctor is important.
For more information or to schedule an office based procedure, please give us a call at (904) 262-5333.